Skip to content

Historic DS Tavern Restoration, Addtions and Renovations

Charlottesville, Virginia

Overview

Renovations, partial restoration and additions to the D. S. Tavern, also known as the 1740 House, is a historic tavern located in western Albemarle County, Virginia, for conversion from a private residence to a family office. From 1785 to 1850, the tavern served as a respite and gateway to westward expansion of Virgina. The tavern was once owned by Chief Justice John Marshall, who maintained the property from 1810 to 1813. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.

Partners

Matthews Development Company